NORTH CAROLINA CONCEALED HANDGUN CARRY COURSE
Standard price $125.00 (ask about promotions, group rates, and special times)
- Comprehensive instruction in the laws governing the use of deadly force.
- Legal Issues
- Handgun Safety
- Handgun Fundamentals
- Marksmanship Fundamentals
- Carry Concealed Safety Issues
- Presentation Techniques (drawing your handgun)
- Cleaning and Maintenance
- Proficiency Test (must hit 8" target placed on the chest of a silhouette target a minumin 28 times
out of 40 shots fired) That is the NC State requirement.
- Shooting is done from the 3, 5 and 7 yard lines
- Demonstrate proficiency in safe handing of the handgun to include loading, unloading,
storing or securing, and firing the handgun.
- Identify the places that handguns may not be carried even if the individual has a
Concealed Carry Handgun permit.
- Identify the major parts of the revolver and semiautomatic pistol.
- Demonstrate proficiency in marksmanship fundamentals.
- Explain the provisions under NC Common Law in which the use of deadly physical force
would be justified.
DO'S AND DON'TS FOR ALL CONCEALED CARRY CLASSES.
- Please be very familiar with your handgun. You should know how to load and unload it SAFELY! If
not, consider practicing prior to class or consider a basic or private training session prior to taking the
Concealed Carry Handgun class. Inexperienced people in firearms should consider our basic Firearm Orientation Class prior to taking the CCH class.
We offer this service By Appointment Only.
- The Firearms qualification is a test and we consider it to be a very important concern in the safety for
yourself and the safety of others.
"This class is great for the understanding and confidence in using
a handgun. The instruction of the class helps you determine when and what you need to do
in case any situation arises.
As far as things to do better for the class, I would say keep everything the same.
All points were explained as needed and were given opportunity to ask and get questions
YOU WILL NEED THE FOLLOWING ITEMS :
- Good Quality Handgun that you are very familiar with, that is very reliable, firearm is in excel working
condition and you intend to carry as a concealed firearm.
- 50 Rounds of Ammunition, No Reloads. Shooter Eye Safety Glasses,and Hearing
- Holster if you have one (no cross draw or shoulder holsters allowed due to safety concerns.)
Please bring a belt for your holster.
- Hat or Cap with brim (to deflect hot spent shell casings and prevent them from getting between your
safety glasses and eyes).
- Loose fitting clothing with pockets works best or a coat with pockets for ammunition and magazines.
- Bring your lunch with you.
- We supply class manual, handouts, range and targets.
"Class was very informative, covering the areas that I previously
didn't know. Especially in the areas of NC Law and it's application to real life
...I did find the class environment very relaxing and informal which seemed to help learning the
material very easy.... Thanks."
PLEASE DO NOT BRING FIREARMS OR AMMUNITION INTO THE CLASSROOM
UNLESS INSTRUCTED TO DO SO BY THE INSTRUCTOR. THE INSTRUCTOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO INSPECT ALL FIREARMS FOR
SAFETY AND PROPER OPERATION PRIOR TO THEIR USE.
The NC Concealed Handgun Carry Permit Course is not a difficult course to complete. The state designed this
course for the average person, not just for those with lots of experience. The range qualification shooting is
fired from a distance of 3, 5 and 7 yards.
Click here to register NOW