!!! Be Sure You Can Answer these Sheriff's Questions
In order to obtain a Concealed Carry Handgun permit you must apply to the Sheriff’s Office within your county of
residence. The Sheriff shall issue a permit to you if you qualify under the following criteria according to
North Carolina General Stature 14-415.12. The following questions are part of the Sheriff’s Questions that
will keep you from receiving your concealed carry handgun permit. We
are asking the same questions so you do not waste your money:
- I am a citizen of the United States and a resident of the State of NC?
- I am 21 years of age or older?
- I do not suffer from any mental infirmity that prevents safe handling of a
- I am eligible to own or possess or receive a firearm under the provisions of state or
- I am not under indictment or against whom a finding of probable cause exist for a
- I have not been adjudicated guilty of a felony?
- I am not an unlawful user, or addicted to marijuana, alcohol, or any depressant,
stimulant, or narcotic drug, or any other controlled or uncontrolled substance?
- I have not been discharged from the armed forces under less than honorable